Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ultrasound #3 !!

Well I had my first OBGYN appointment today and was lucky enough to get another ultrasound! Whoo hoo!  I met Dr. Wingo for the first time, I have been seeing his wife that practices with him for years but she doesn't deliver babies so I moved on to her hubby!  Unfortunately Wade was in Texas for work so he missed this appointment but I made sure to send baby pictures! I liked Dr. Wingo very  much, he is very laid back and thorough.  Most of my questions were answered before I asked and when I did inquire about my painful/itchy boobs and gas he just said "you're pregnant!".  He laughed and said I would get pretty tired of hearing that answer but many of these things come with the territory.... I am learning this no one ever told me about all this fun stuff!

We talked at length about exercise and I have docs blessing to continue with limitations on weights and ab work.   I started working out again at 7 weeks, I was following strict instructions at the fertility clinic for almost 2 months of zero exercise!     I can already tell that this will be very important for my MS and pregnancy to build this into my routine.  Since I am so tired this first trimester I have found that working out in the morning seems to be the best bet since afternoons I am generally pooped out!  So I will do what I can do, when I can do it!

As you can see in the pictures above the baby is growing every single day, big difference from 6 days ago! I was in awe!  This ultrasound machine was so clear too, in the side profile you can clearly see the arm and leg buds and the umbilical cord, so amazing! The baby measures exactly 1 inch.  I could see the flicker of the heartbeat again which brings so much reassurance every single time!  I will never tire of seeing these pictures of our little miracle!

 Our next appointment is Dec 2, I will be 12 weeks and ready for another ultrasound. Past that I will see Dr. Wingo every 4 weeks, 20 weeks being our big appointment that we will be able to learn the sex!  I am REALLY dying for this visit, the nursery design is waiting for this news!  We did buy our first big piece for the nursery this weekend which I am SUPER excited about, it is a beautiful chest/dresser that will be used as the changing table. I knew I would have one big splurge in the nursery and this is IT! Thankfully my awesome husband allowed my vision of this room to start with this purchase!  It is a versatile piece that can be used in other areas of the house once the baby is done with diapers!   Don't worry I will send pictures once this all comes together :)

Ok well bye for now and thanks so much for reading :)            

1 comment:

  1. Really cool guys - glad to hear your little one is on track! Thanks for sharing, and keep the updates coming...it's fun to ride along.

    God Bless!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete