Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day #2 Expectations

I am reminded today that God doesn't always answer prayers as we expect!  I have been continuosly praying for guidance & was stopped in my tracks today via a visit to a high risk fetal medicine doctor. This was part of my pre-requisities, our goal was to discuss IVF & MS and pregnancy & MS.   I was surprised & happy to learn that Dr. Kang wants me to remain on my MS therapy, injections and all thoughout the IVF AND pregnancy - wow!   She explained that the risk to me doesn't outweigh the risks to the fetus.  As Dr. K put it the mama is the ship and the baby is the passenger, mama has to stay afloat & as long as these medicines are not in a dangerous class (mine are not) then she suggests this often. So HUGE weight taken off my shoulders there, I will not need to wean my body off of the drugs that help keep me stable - GREAT news!
So as I sat in here office I mentioned to her that I am trying to get a few stubborn ( REALLY stubborn) pounds off before the hopefull pregnancy.  I mentioned that the personal trainer I hired  worked me hard Monday and that my body feels something close to being run over by a truck!  Yea I guess I forgot to explain in my blog this whole plan I put together about getting "healthier" than ever before I gain baby weight.........
She quickly explained to me that this is NOT the time to focus on losing weight or heavy weight training........ I shyly asked "well what about boxing"???  Again a NO!   Dr. K says that starting now my goal is to maintain weight and eat healthy, no hard ab or core work and nothing that would raise my heartrate over 130.  Apparently she thinks through all of this that I will be able to remain calm and stress free............well I can't give her a hard time as she has conceived two babies via IVF  - she understands this process & yes it makes sense!
So guess I won't be the smokin' hot pregnant mom ..........................just a happy one!
Guess I have to let go of my trainer ( poor Whitney, I was so excited) after only one workout out of eight!
 I am trying my best to remember that God has my best interest in mind and this is His guidance!   My plan will go on the backburner for the next 12 months or so!
Ending the day with a heating pad on my belly to reduce the cramps and bloating I have had SO BAD today...........tomorrow is another day!  Cycle Day #3 to be exact!

No comments:

Post a Comment