Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Injection Day!

Hi there!  Well today was my first injection of Lupron!  I lined up the Lupron along side my Copaxone ( MS therapy) and had a hay day!  At first I was stumped about injection sites because I figured it would probably be better to keep one away from the other.  So Lupron in the tummy & Copaxone in the leg. No big deal actually!  The amount of medicine in the Lupron suringe is 1/4 of my MS therapy so it was fast & easy!  Good news is that I did not have any site reactions with the Lupron, HORRAY!  The Copaxone gives me lumps & bumps and aches for 20 minutes after sometimes..............I am used to this so this was a breeze!
The goal of Lupron is to suppress my hormonal system.  It acts by suppressing the pituitary gland (the gland which is normally responsible for triggering ovulation).  This is working toward the  "suppression phase".   We do not want my body to ovulate on its own so along with the birth control pills this is what regulates that until we get to the next phase which is to begin FSH ( follicle stimulating hormone).   I will take the Lupron until next Thursday 9/2 when I have my suppression check. This appointment will take 3 hours and will include a blood test, an ultrasound, a history & physical and a trial embryo transfer. If at that time my system is suppressed then the Lupron will be cut from 10 units to 5 units.
So we are moving along!  I can't believe how fast this all seems to be moving already!  It is hard to believe that in less than 4 weeks we will have the implantation!
Oh and guess what my mom is coming to visit us 9/16-9/20 so we are hoping and praying she will be here for the BIG DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment