Friday, October 29, 2010

8 weeks!!!

     


Hi!  I know it has been over a week since I have blogged, shame on me! I promise to start writing weekly updates!  I had to share with you the progress that our little baby is making, it just blows my mind that all of this is happening inside my body!

 I can report that over the past week or so I am definitely "feeling" pregnant, there has been many small changes!  From my bra size steadily increasing to my clothes fitting tighter around my middle things are changing!  I can't believe my waist line is going away this quickly, my books say that in the first trimester you MAY gain a couple pounds - YEA RIGHT not sure if this author has ever been pregnant???   I am a little nervous that I am getting big too fast but as my friends keep reminding me there is nothing I can do and apparently I am supposed to learn to "embrace" this :)   Going to work on this part :)

I had my first pregnant shopping spree which really consisted of my  just buying regular clothes bigger sizes, not that much fun.   Definitely don't have a baby bump yet so the transitional stage is tough trying to look AND feel cute.   I am anxious to shop in a true maternity shop and be able to rock the latest mama styles! :)

Ok well here is the update that I wanted to share!  Happy Halloween to you all, talk next week!

 Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

No comments:

Post a Comment