Monday, September 27, 2010

Progesterone Levels

Just received the results of my progesterone test this morning, my level is 47.5 they want to have the numbers 30 & above so we are good!  So I continue to take the 1cc of the monster injection each day until told otherwise..........if we have a positive pregnancy test we will continue for many weeks.

I also got news about what to expect next week!  My appointment is at 10:00 am Monday  10/4 to have my first Beta Hcg ( pregnancy) levels tested.  The HCG is produced by the embryo, and is the embryo's signal  that pregnancy has occurred.!   There will be a series of 3 tests, repeated every 48-72 hours. As the embryo grows rapidly, HCG levels normally double every 2 to 3 days. One reliable sign of a healthy pregnancy is the fact that the HCG levels are increasing rapidly, and often doctors will measure serial beta HCG levels 3 days apart in order to determine the viability of the pregnancy. A rising HCG level is reassuring, so this is what we will be praying for all next week!

 Unfortunately we will not find out the results during the appointments, but we will learn later each afternoon.    Boy will this be hard to wait!  Waiting, waiting and more waiting!  Wade had intended to go to the appointment with me but we have changed that plan because nothing exciting will happen right then.  Our hope is that we will be able to call into our voicemail box together to get the results!

That is what I have for you today!  Found out my sister in law's egg retrieval is Wednesday so this will be an exciting week or all of us!

Oh and one last thing I am feeling fantastic!  Cramps, bloating and all that are GONE!   So I won't be complaining as much this week!    Thanks for reading, look back for more soon!   

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, My name is Stacy and I work with Melinda at PCBC. I am 18 weeks pregnant with twins after a successful IVF in late June. Just wanted to let you know I am keeping up with you and praying for you. It is such a hard process to go through. I was lucky to have several friends who have gone before me and I hope you have the same. Let me know if you need anything. Melinda has my email and cell numbers. it is the HARDEST part to wait so very long. it is quite agonizing.

    ReplyDelete